HOW TO MAKE A TORNADO IN A JAR!
What you need to make a tornado in a jar:
- Glass jar with a lid (mason jar, pickle jar, jam jar, anything will work).
- Clear Dish Soap (or blue if you have it).
- Blue Food Dye.
Once you have your supplies, you are ready to go!
- Fill your jar about 3/4 full with water and add in 3-5 drops of blue food dye (depending on the size of your jar and how dark you want the water to be).
- Add a teaspoon of dish soap and a teaspoon of vinegar to your blue water.
- Tighten your lid, and if you are concerned about spillage… use a hot glue gun quickly around the rim and quickly tighten the lid before it can dry. This will secure your lid and ensure you don’t have blue water all over your white carpet (using my brain, I know!).
Simply hold the jar by the lid and rotate it around in a circle in a smooth, steady motion with your wrist and watch the vortex form. Here is a cute little video to use to create a lesson out of you little science project.
For more details watch the video
Buy the required material for building of product at