Homopolar motor was the first electrical motor to be built. Its operation was demonstrated by Michael faraday in 1821 at Royal Institution in London.
Principle of operation
The homopolar motor is driven by the Lorentz force. A conductor current flowing through it when placed in a magnetic field perpendicular to current conductor feels the force perpendicular to both magnetic field and current. This force provide torque around axis of rotation and conductor starts rotating.
Make your own today
- Helical wire
- Disc magnet
Place the battery above disc magnet and arrange the helical wire such that all the parts of wire are perpendicular to the battery.
For more information of project and working click down below!!!!!!
HOW TO MAKE A TORNADO IN A JAR!
What you need to make a tornado in a jar:
- Glass jar with a lid (mason jar, pickle jar, jam jar, anything will work).
- Clear Dish Soap (or blue if you have it).
- Blue Food Dye.
Once you have your supplies, you are ready to go!
- Fill your jar about 3/4 full with water and add in 3-5 drops of blue food dye (depending on the size of your jar and how dark you want the water to be).
- Add a teaspoon of dish soap and a teaspoon of vinegar to your blue water.
- Tighten your lid, and if you are concerned about spillage… use a hot glue gun quickly around the rim and quickly tighten the lid before it can dry. This will secure your lid and ensure you don’t have blue water all over your white carpet (using my brain, I know!).
Simply hold the jar by the lid and rotate it around in a circle in a smooth, steady motion with your wrist and watch the vortex form. Here is a cute little video to use to create a lesson out of you little science project.
For more details watch the video
Buy the required material for building of product at
Chandrayaaan 1 india s first lunar mission and which was considered lost,has been detected by nasa.
NASA in its statement said that it was a little difficult to find CHANDRAYAAN 1 then NASA s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.